Sunday, November 7, 2010

the twenty-second and the twenty-fifth

The 22nd and 25th of October happened to be extraordinary days not just for me but for my entire family. The days between them and even the next days after the 25th also had their fair share of being extraordinary. The days brought hardships in the form of losing a loved one so unexpectedly and literally giving up rest and sleep to help out your father for the coming elections.

October 22, Friday, I received a text message from my mother telling me I have to go home early because there are loads to do at home. I usually go home on Saturdays (I live in an apartment on weekdays, btw) that's why I need to be reminded every time they want to me go home on Friday night. Although I was only thinking of campaign related chores at home, I was really on a hurry to leave the office. I even forgot to accomplish a task for my action group at work. I wasn't punished for that though. *wink*

Fast-forward arriving at home, I first saw my cousin and youngest sister. Seeing their eyes puffy like they just burst into tears, I instantly knew something bad happened. Turned out my dear tita has just left us. She was taken away from us without any sign that she's leaving. They just saw her in her room lifeless. What could possibly took her from us is heart attack. For someone like her will never take away her own life neither anyone from our own house will ever think of hurting her. It's just so sad that no one heard her scream for help as everyone was out, busy for the damn elections.

via
we have sent her to be forever with the Lord last Oct 30
may you rest in peace Tits
we love you and you'll surely be missed ♥

October 25, Monday, the local elections. The day we've all been preparing and waiting for has come. Everyone was up so early despite only having three to four hours of sleep for three consecutive days. The headquarters near the school where election will be held was setup strategically the night before. Computers that will serve as precinct finders were setup early in the morning. Watchers and marshals were deployed. Volunteers got down to their respective businesses early too, handing out flyers, preparing meals, taking pictures, bringing in news, etc.

Supportive as always, my mother looked over everything. She's the go to person every time anyone of us has concerns. On the other hand, me and my sisters, along with our cousins and some family friends, sat down in front of the computers to serve as precinct finders. People gave us their complete names and we wrote down their precinct numbers in my father's team sample ballot. Also, my brother had his own set of volunteers, aka friends. They were the ones who checked from time to time whether the marshals and watches were doing what they're supposed to do. Some of his friends were also given the responsibility of looking over the circuit breakers. Who would want brownout during the elections huh? A big role was also played by our kuya/cousin for he was the one in-charge with the set-up of the headquarters, all the computers, sound systems and everything else 'electronic'. He is a superman, gah.


I really take pride of how our family supported each other in difficult times like these. If I were to choose a reason why I would consider myself lucky, that would be because I was given a family as awesome as them.



AND HAVE I MENTIONED THAT MY FATHER WON THE BARANGAY ELECTIONS?
 

Cheers Everyooooooonnnnnnne!! ♥♥♥


ELSEWHERE

No comments: