Sunday, April 19, 2020

catching up series: birthday weekend

It's another weekend and that means it's time for another throwback kwento! We're still in July 2016, by the way, and we're celebrating triple birthdays -- mine, my sister's, and my sister-in-law's. We're all July celebrants. ♡

Honestly, it's really not my thing to celebrate my birthday. I actually checked my old blog posts (via the labels), and I only found one birthday celebration with the family. That was back in 2012. But as I've said, 2016 was a special year, so we opted to celebrate. We decided to go bowling before dinner but before everything else, since we arrived at the mall first, Mithril had a little shopping sesh. 




Wait, lookie, that's lolaNakakatuwa lang to look back at days like this because now, lola is a already bedridden. She had an accident New Year's eve of 2018 and she never got to walk again. It's been so nice to see photos of her since I re-started this catching up series. Even the kids get entertained seeing old photos as I blog. Being a "memory keeper" really isn't easy but definitely so worth it. I say this as I encourage myself to finish all my backlogs and to continue writing for as long as I can. :)



So anyway, I guess it's safe to say that aside from actually playing bowling, we also had fun posing with the bowling balls. Haha! People these days talaga. Photos or it didn't happen. :)) Partly, it's a good thing because we would have something to look back to. But of course, we should not forget to enjoy the moment too even as we try to "document", especially now that vlogging is the "IN" thing. 









After our pictorial, este bowling pala, we had dinner at Jay-J's. Again the usual Filipino food! Napaka-adventurous talaga namin when it comes to food, no? :P You really can't bring the parentals to a Korean, Chinese or Japanese resto. Filipino lang talaga, filipino lang! Haha! Our staples are Crispy Pata (dad's fave!), Sisig, Kare-Kare, Kaldereta, Roasted Chicken, Crabs and Shrimps, Pinakbet for veggies, and then Pancit or Pancit Malabon. Ayan ganyan. Paulit-ulit lang kami whatever the occasion is, whether we eat out or we cook at home. Haha! :))








And during this tough time (Read: Pandemic & ECQ!), I am definitely missing going out with the family. We had summer plans for the kiddos and looks like nothing will turn into reality at this point. But of course, we're still thankful and grateful that we are all safely stuck at home, with roof above our heads and food on our table. Really praying for this pandemic to be over soon.


ELSEWHERE

No comments: