Sunday, November 25, 2012

day1: i left my heart in calaguas

I left my heart in Calaguas. ♥ Not literally though because if so, I would have died. Haha! Here goes my pathetic humor again. Moving on, I went there last month with my forever travel buddies - Sheena and Dwin, my classmate back in college - Jun, and my projectmates - Monica and Ruel. Stop wondering why everyone is related to me. I arranged this trip, that's why. But as Sheena said, I didn't have a hard time planning for this since all I had to do is to contact Melvic of Calaguas Hullabaloo Island Tours. 

Initially, we planned to avail the 3 days, 2 nights package for P3700 each. It was just unfortunate that there's typhoon in Bicol so we had to resort to the shorter package, 2 days, 1 night for P3200. We already paid P1850 each (half of 3700 supposedly) prior to the trip, so in the last day we only paid Melvic P1350. 

By the way, the package includes almost everything except for breakfast in day1 and dinner in day2 (technically the first and last meals). To list down the inclusions - round trip fare Manila-Daet-Manila (DLTB bus), land and boat transfers, tent accommodation, environmental fees, camp meals and complimentary drinks.

We chose Cubao as our pick up point. We were there at around 8PM but the bus left at around 9PM. Good thing we left Manila during the night, it made sleeping in the bus easier. Imagine being wide awake for 12 to 13 hours while traveling. Juskoday, diba? We arrived in Daet at around 7AM. They dropped us at Jollibee just in time for breakfast. At around 8AM, they picked us up again then dropped us off somewhere to transfer to a jeepney. It was a quick land transfer and at around 8:30AM, we were in the port.

just left the port

It took a while before we left the port as we had to sign waivers and wait for the others to arrive. We were the first group to ride the boat hence we were able to choose good seats. True enough, those who were seated in both ends of the boat got wet even before reaching Calaguas. Madiskarte travel tips from yours truly. ;)

Our boat had some technical difficulties few minutes after leaving the port. We weren't informed of what happened nevertheless we didn't mind. What was supposedly 2-hour boat ride became around 4 hours not just because of the technical difficulty but because of the waves too. The waves were crazy perhaps because of the typhoon. We reached Calaguas at around 1PM. Lo and behold, the island was worth it!
my first shot of the island

By the time we arrived, the tents are not yet prepared. Surprisingly, there are cottages in the island where we put our stuff first. After we have settled, you know what's next. Endleeesss, picture taking!

outfit to Calaguas. can I just say i love my vest? :)

We chose to rest first before trying the Calaguas waters. We were also starving at that time since it's past lunch time already. Good thing friends never run out of things to do and matters to talk about. :D Life, love, career and everything else under the sun. Friends got them all covered. I know you all agree. :)

Can't exactly remember when our lunch was served but one thing's for sure, it was a late lunch. Meeeh, I hate it when I get hungry but you're forgiven, guys! By the way, it was a buffet with two viands, rice of course, dessert and free flowing water. :P The food may not be the best, but they're not bad either. Remember, it's a trip for less than five thousand. Know what you deserve.

bonding by the beach

After our tummies got full, we headed to the beach. I swear it's the best beach I've been to so far. It's not only about the perfect blue skies, clear waters and fine sand.. It's more of the relaxed vibe of the place. Perfect for beach bumming, reflecting, forgetting about the rest of the world. If you find me exaggerating, I suggest you see it for yourself. And I suggest you tag me along. :)

my sexaaay back

By late afternoon, our guides invited us to trek up the mountain to see the island from above. Everyone from our group went along except for Dwin. He chose to finish his work of art in the sand. Whatever, Dwin! :P However, Sheena and Monique being the wimpy kids that they are, surrendered after reaching the first hill. I still love you though, my wimpy girls. Haha! So there, only Ruel, Jun and I went on. It was nice seeing Calaguas' full view from the mountain. It was worth my few hundreds baby steps. Hingal kabayo man, may picture naman.

overlooking Calaguas

As night time approaches, we prepared for the socials. Although there is a makeshift bathroom we opted to take a bath by the poso and only change clothes in the bathroom. Of the entire trip, this is the most difficult part for me. I am not the sensitive type when it comes to restrooms but a makeshift one is entirely different. Then again, I overheard Melvic's planning to renovate that so it must not be a worry for future Calaguas visitors.

As soon as we were ready we hit the mobile bar. The drinks were free but as usual, I did not get to avail the said perk. I don't drink nor smoke. Read that, mother? :) I am still your most obedient daughter. Haha! 

gimik ala Calaguas

Before calling it a night, Jun, Sheena and I had some sort of heart to heart talk while the rest got first dibs on our tents. 



Jewel Delgado said...

Awww... great photos! Such a beautiful place. You really had a great time. :)

Jewel Clicks

anney said...

Sexy mo naman! Buti ka pa walang bibil. Ang ganda ng island! Sa tent lang ba pwede matulog?

Apple Borbon said...

@jewel clicks. yeepp! great time, indeed.

@anney. thaaankks! may bilbil din naman. :P yep, yun lang ang accomodation eh. you can opt to sleep in the cottage pero open lang din sya just like in the usual resorts. :)