Wednesday, February 17, 2016

catching up series: college peeps in 2015

If there's one person from my college years that I am closest to right now, that would be Jhov. I once said in a birthday greeting for her that I have no idea how our friendship happened -- still stands true up to now. We were never close back in college and I can't tell exactly how we became friends a few years after graduating. We don't even have the same interests to begin with. It's just amazing thinking about it, we've come a long way from our no pansinan university days. Hehe!

For one, I'm thankful for her for reigniting my interest in seeing friends the past year. I kind of went on a hiatus on the friendship department starting May. One friend would even tell me, "magpakita ka naman", like I'm a ghost or something. I don't know, I guess I became too contended with the company of my niece{s} that I just lost interest in everything else. You'll find out in the next post exactly what I'm talking about. Hint hint: lotsaaaa baby photossss. Hahaha!

Going back, I rose from the dead in September when I met Silina then October when I met Jhov. Those were monumental for me. Call me weird all you want, but they kind of reminded me that I have to begin socializing again. For the record, I'm an introvert. So yeah, those were big deals. 

Jhov and I went to Maginhawa, the famous foodie haven in UP. It was both our first time so we had no idea where to eat. Oo pwedeng magresearch pero hindi namin ginawa. Haha! We first saw Gerry's Jeepney but the line was crazy so no wayyy. We then saw Artsy Cafe so we ended up there. And because I'm not a foodie, I can't tell yah anything about the food. Although my sister said we should have ordered pasta instead. Next time, next time. 

meet Jhov ❤️

major tile inspo


For dessert, we walked and walked and walked for Wicked Kitchen. Told her I once saw it on Instagram so she agreed to look for it. Turned out, nasa kabilang dulo sya. Hahaha! It was worth the walking though as we loved their Smores, they call it Greed. They also have Gluttony, Envy, Pride and other sins. {Hehehe, and suddenly I'm smiling about the thought that I'm a bad food blogger. :P}


yummerss

Then December, Jhov and I met again. Knowing that I have this weird addiction for succulents, she asked me to accompany her to buy gifts for her officemates. We went succulent shopping, repotted them at home, then we had dinner at Ningnangan to cap the night. It's a newly opened resto near our place. Akalain mo yun! Something new to urbanize our probinsya. Hehe! They have paluto also so move over Dampa. 



And since December is the month of get-togethers, Tin and I met too. That is after more than a year of not seeing each other. Last saw her June of 2014, the night of TFIOS. Yikes! But as I've said, the thing with this girl is that we can always pick up where we left off. No awkwardness whatsoever. To think, I'm the type of person who gets awkward easily. Well, I guess she'll be the exemption because hellooo, she was my main girl back in college. {She's just too busy with volleyball now, so I rarely see her. Shhh, don't tell her I'm sulking. Hahaha!} We met at Gateway then we had dinner at Burgoo. I wanted to extend the night by grabbing coffee but she had an early commitment the next day. Booyah, told you she's too busy. 

with ms. famous hahaha



To further prove the power of December, we had a mini reunion to close the year. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw most of them. Hindi nga kasi ako nagpapakita, one friend said. Hehe! It just so happened that the meeting place was somewhere accessible so I went. Also, it was originally Tin's idea so I had to back her up. Pero late kami 'cause she had a prior commitment. Hehehe! It was a simple dinner and videoke sesh at Juanito's Bistro made special by the fact that we refused to part ways 'til the morning. We spent the rest of the dawn at Nad's crib, reminiscing and laughing about our college days. Literal na tawa lang kami ng tawa hanggang umaga -- lovelife, thesis, professors and what have you.







nad's crib

I guess what made that get together more special is that I was able to maintain constant communication with some of them. I suck at getting connected too and the fact that I've been chatting nonstop on Facebook these days is a good sign. Welcome back, social life!


ELSEWHERE

No comments: